The Maine Poets Society is
An organization of Maine writers actively engaged in creating poetry, who wish to:
- broaden their knowledge of poetry
- increase their skills
- share their knowledge to help other writers develop and achieve
- encourage high standards in writing and judging poetry
- broaden fellow members' interest, understanding, and appreciation of our rich poetic heritage
Maine Poets Society now has a Facebook Page - check it out!
Next Maine Poets Society Winter Gatherings:
April 1st in Rockland (postponed from January) FMI
May 13, at the Continuum for Creativity in Westbrook.) FMI
Note to Members
TO: Maine Poets Society Members
FROM: MPS Executive Board
DATE: March 10, 2017
RE: MPS Elections, May 2017
Maine Poets Society is seeking people to fill the following positions which will soon be coming vacant. If you are interested in being considered to serve in one of these capacities (which would also make you a member of the MPS executive board), please respond to James Breslin at email@example.com or Sally Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not currently an MPS member, that would, of course, be a prerequisite to your being considered to be a member of the board. A membership application is available on this website.
This is an elected position, with a term of two years.
- The Secretary is responsible for taking notes at all meetings and reading the minutes from the previous meeting at the next meeting. The secretary will write thank you notes, send notes to ill members, have cards signed at meetings, and offer condolences to families of deceased former MPS members.
Hospitality Chair (Hostess)
This is an appointed position, with a term of two years.
- The Hospitality Chair/Hostess is responsible for the morning and lunch set up, including bottled water, regular and decaf coffee, teas and morning foods, plates, napkins and cups as well as the appropriate condiments.
(NOTE: The 13th is the SECOND Saturday in May, and we will meet at the Continuum for Creativity in Westbrook.)